Our Story

We first opened our doors in 1958 as an art gallery near the University of Illinois campus. Then we moved — first in 1964, to a new location in the Co-ed Theater building, and again in 1979 to Lincoln Square in Urbana. It was at that time that we first expanded into the food business as a response to the growing interest in specialty foods. Art Mart Toys opened in fall of 1993 across the common area from our main location in Lincoln Square. In the fall of 2015 we packed up shop again, moving to our current location near the corner of Prospect and Kirby Avenues in Champaign.

Since 1964, we have strived to grow and change to fit the needs of our community. Two things have remained constant, however — our emphasis well-designed and high quality products and our desire to bring a touch of that creative spirit, that first gave us our name, wherever we go.